The CMC Education Foundation is committed to easing the financial burden that our teachers and administrators experience when purchasing supplies and materials for their schools out of their pockets. The Teacher Warehouse and Teacher Warehouse Online save an average of $70,000 yearly in out-of-pocket expenses for the staff that utilizes the Warehouse. The Foundation has decided to offer a more individualized request form that allows our CMCSS schools or departments to request materials and supplies that will directly and positively impact our students’ success. In the past, the Foundation approved requests on a case-by-case basis. Some requests have included:
- Reusable water bottles for all students
- Pull Ups and baby wipes for CDC classes
- Toiletry items for the nurse’s and counselor’s office (toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, shampoo, feminine hygiene, etc.)
- Socks and underwear for the counselor’s office
- Snacks for classrooms
- Cleaning supplies
- Specialty SPED supplies (raised line paper, therapy tweezers, loop and spring-loaded scissors, triangle pencils, etc.)
These are to serve as examples of the variety of items you could request. Please note that this is not a grant request. This request form is for products, not funds. If the request is approved, the Foundation will not issue checks but will order the products and deliver them directly to the school.
We do ask that there is one request per school per semester, preferably from an administrator or someone appointed by the admin. This is so the Foundation can offer support to as many schools or departments as possible.