The Burt Scholarship Endowment Fund was established in 2010 by the Burt High School Alumni Association to promote the attainment of higher education for descendants of Burt High School graduates. The scholarship is administered by the Education Foundation through a separate endowment with funds raised at the annual Burt High School Reunion Association- Joseph B. Roberts, Sr. Endowed Scholarship.
Burt High Descendant Scholarship Criteria:
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funds to foster and promote the attainment of higher education by awarding scholarships to descendants of Burt High School. Descendants of Burt High School refer to those persons whose ancestor(s) attended Burt High School. Funds for this scholarship are provided solely through the Burt Reunion. Association Endowment was established through the Education Foundation.
- The scholarship selection committee of the Burt Reunion Association will have full authority in selecting scholarship recipients using a rubric comprised of requested applicant information.
- Awards are renewable for up to 4 years on an annual basis as long as awardees maintain a 2.5 grade point average per year and remain a full time student. A formal request to renew scholarship with proof of status must be submitted no later than July 1st of each year to receive funds.
Please note: If you are a returning applicant you must provide proof of grades and enrollment for the following semester.
To receive the Burt High School Reunion Association Joseph B. Roberts Scholarship a student must:
1. Be related by kinship to an individual who was enrolled or graduated from Burt High School (verification is required). Verification can include the following: relative name, relationship and year attended Burt High will be accepted until such a time as the Burt Association completes a class archives.
2. Must be a current high school graduate.
3. Exhibit financial need. Students may submit EFC code from FAFSA, guardian salary or free and reduced lunch documentation.
4. Scholarship applicants must have a 2.5 grade point average to apply. Student must provide high school transcript for verification.
5. Submit two letters of recommendation from one high school teacher, principal or counselor and one community individual (pastor, coach or club) must be a non-relative.
6. Show proof of acceptance to an accredited institution of higher learning. This must be an official letter of enrollment or document from the University.
7. Based on funds availability of the Burt High Endowment a one-time (non-renewable) $250-$500 book award may be awarded for applicants who did not receive the primary $2,000 scholarship.