The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System offers seven high school Academies to incoming CMCSS freshmen and accept (on a case by case) basis sophomores seeking to study career integrated curriculum. Through the Partners in Education program, businesses and organizations may become a Career Academy Partner (CAP) to help support the overall goals of student achievement and teacher development within the selected academy. An academy partner can assist with various efforts to support the academy such as: training and professional development relevant to specific topics for teachers, student/teacher incentives, supply needs (beakers, gloves, etc. ), equipment, monetary donations and more.
Business Partners should consider the following before making a commitment with an academy:
- Does my organization align with the academy in which I would like to partner?
- Is my organization willing to commit to a long-term partnership with the academy?
- Is my organization able to use the expertise of management and employees to offer ways to help improve the academy?
- Will my organization commit to being clear and open about what the business can and cannotprovide during initial goal setting meetings?
- Will my organization request feedback from Academy regarding support provided and support needed?
- Will my organization set specific and achievable goals with Academy POC to be accomplished each year with at least 3 goals to be met?
CMCSS has the following high school academies:
Clarksville High – Academy of Business and Finance
Kenwood High – STEM Academy
Montgomery Central High – Academy of Plant and Animal Systems
Northeast High – Academy of Computer and Game Programming Technology
Northwest High – Academy of Health Science
Rossview High – Academy of Media Arts and Technology
West Creek High – Academy of Criminal Justice and Homeland Security